Optimal prerequisites for hair clipping by alpha mask
With our company Clipp-Me! - Freisteller zum Festpreis since the year 2007 we have been known in the segment of cut-outs, masking and digital image processing. And so we have our extensive experience. Often we were asked, as are the best prerequisites for clipping by alpha masking. Here comes your answer:
- The first prerequisite for the capture of each individual hair - and we finally fix the good hair release on this - is a sharp, high-resolution image. Definitely, having this on board nothing goes wrong in terms of hair clipping quality.
- After that most important for a good work result is a good contrast between the hair and the background. In the best case, dark hair in front of a white background. But even with blond hair can achieve perfect results, where we can capture almost every single hair.
- Avoid standing in front of a background that is darker than the hair in some areas and brighter in other areas. Here, too, good, easily usable results can be achieved, but this contribution is indeed the explanation of the prerequisites for a best Result.
- Other disadvantages are JPG artifacts with too much compression, please make sure to send us a file as detailed as possible.
- For the later usage of the hair masking result on colored backgrounds, it is best to photograph the persons also against a background similar to this color. Hair shines and reflects the hue of the background. Blue reflexes in the hair look unnatural in the finished image against a red background. This is especially true for people who are later set to black. For general use, for various reasons, the person should be photographed with contrast against a dark white background (+/- 200 of 255 Tone Levels).
We at freisteller24 do not provide any corrections or other image processing regarding the background adaptation. But you need that very urgently? You are welcome to order this - also in conjunction with image clipping itself - at our parent company Clipp-Me! - Freisteller zum Festpreis. We belong together.